building head on ubuntu 10.04

Hello all!
I’ve cloned the git repo and builded OF with install_dependencies.sh script. I tried to compile any example with codeblocks but noticed the cbp files were not updated to reflect the new directory structure I went on and I changed graphicsExample_linux64.cbp and libopenFrameworks.cbp (link below). However I haven’t included all new files/location in libopenFrameworks.cbp I think there is already a tool to auto generate them, isn’t it?
At the end the only error left is

||=== graphicsExample, Debug ===|  
ld||cannot find -lGLee|  
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds) ===|  

indeed GLee is not present in lib.

I’ve not tried to fix the makefiles but they show different problems.

thanks

http://diramazioni.net/files/graphicsExample-linux64.cbp
http://diramazioni.net/files/libopenFrameworks.cbp

are you having problems with the makefiles? i’m actually using them and they are working for me, at least for 64bits that seems what you are using. can you post the errors you are getting.

Hello Arturo
here is the output issuing make for the graphicsExample:

Package glew was not found in the pkg-config search path.                                                                                            
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glew.pc'                                                                                            
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable                                                                                                          
No package 'glew' found                                                                                                                              
compiling object for:  src/testApp.cpp                                                                                                               
mkdir -p obj/Release/src                                                                                                                             
g++ -c -march=native -mtune=native -O3 -Wall -fexceptions -I.  -I../../../libs/FreeImage/include -I../../../libs/fmodex/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2 -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal -I../../../libs/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/internal/services -I../../../libs/glew/include -I../../../libs/glew/include/GL -I../../../libs/glu/include -I../../../libs/glut/include -I../../../libs/gstappsink/include -I../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst -I../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app -I../../../libs/poco/include -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/XML -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/DOM -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Util -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Net -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I../../../libs/poco/include/Poco/SAX -I../../../libs/poco/include/CppUnit -I../../../libs/quicktime/include -I../../../libs/rtAudio/include -I../../../libs/videoInput/include -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/ -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/utils -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/video -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/app -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/graphics -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/3d -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/communication -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/events -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/types -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/sound -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/.settings -I../../../libs/openFrameworks/math    -MMD -MP -MFobj/Release/src/testApp.d -MTobj/Release/src/testApp.d -oobj/Release/src/testApp.o -c src/testApp.cpp                                                                                      
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoGrabber.h:3,                                                                      
                 from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoGrabber.h:24,                                                                        
                 from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:58,                                                                                      
                 from src/testApp.h:5,                                                                                                               
                 from src/testApp.cpp:1:                                                                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:3:21: warning: gst/gst.h: Nessun file o directory                                                    
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:4,                                                                             
                 from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoGrabber.h:3,                                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:24:34: warning: gst/base/gstbasesink.h: Nessun file o directory                                
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:4,                                                                             
                 from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoGrabber.h:3,                                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:42: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘typedef’               
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:72: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:72: error: ‘gpointer’ has not been declared                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:73: error: expected identifier before ‘*’ token                                                
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:73: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:73: error: ‘gpointer’ has not been declared                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:73: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstFlowReturn’ with no type                         
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:73: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ declared as function returning a function                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:74: error: expected identifier before ‘*’ token                                                
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:74: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:74: error: ‘gpointer’ has not been declared                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:74: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstFlowReturn’ with no type                         
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:74: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ declared as function returning a function                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:75: error: expected identifier before ‘*’ token                                                
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:75: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:75: error: ‘gpointer’ has not been declared                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:75: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstFlowReturn’ with no type                         
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:75: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ declared as function returning a function                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:78: error: ‘gpointer’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:83: error: ‘GstBaseSink’ does not name a type                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:89: error: ‘gpointer’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:94: error: ‘GstBaseSinkClass’ does not name a type                                             
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:97: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:98: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:99: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:102: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstBuffer’ with no type                            
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:102: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:103: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstBuffer’ with no type                            
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:103: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstBufferList’ with no type                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:106: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstBufferList’ with no type                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:107: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                      
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:110: error: ‘gpointer’ does not name a type                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:113: error: ‘GType’ does not name a type                                                       
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:115: error: variable or field ‘gst_app_sink_set_caps’ declared void                            
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:115: error: ‘GstAppSink’ was not declared in this scope                                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:115: error: ‘appsink’ was not declared in this scope                                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:115: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’                                         
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:116: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token              
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:118: error: ‘gboolean’ does not name a type                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:120: error: variable or field ‘gst_app_sink_set_emit_signals’ declared void                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:120: error: ‘GstAppSink’ was not declared in this scope                                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:120: error: ‘appsink’ was not declared in this scope                                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:120: error: ‘gboolean’ was not declared in this scope                                          
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:121: error: ‘gboolean’ does not name a type                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:123: error: variable or field ‘gst_app_sink_set_max_buffers’ declared void                     
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:123: error: ‘GstAppSink’ was not declared in this scope                                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:123: error: ‘appsink’ was not declared in this scope                                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:123: error: ‘guint’ was not declared in this scope                                             
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:124: error: ‘guint’ does not name a type                                                       
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:126: error: variable or field ‘gst_app_sink_set_drop’ declared void                            
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:126: error: ‘GstAppSink’ was not declared in this scope                                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:126: error: ‘appsink’ was not declared in this scope                                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:126: error: ‘gboolean’ was not declared in this scope                                          
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:127: error: ‘gboolean’ does not name a type                                                    
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:129: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token              
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:130: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token              
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:131: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘*’ token              
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:133: error: variable or field ‘gst_app_sink_set_callbacks’ declared void                       
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:133: error: ‘GstAppSink’ was not declared in this scope                                        
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:133: error: ‘appsink’ was not declared in this scope                                           
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:134: error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token                                       
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:134: error: ‘callbacks’ was not declared in this scope                                         
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:135: error: ‘gpointer’ was not declared in this scope                                          
../../../libs/gstappsink/include/gst/app/gstappsink.h:136: error: ‘GDestroyNotify’ was not declared in this scope                                    
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoGrabber.h:3,                                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:12: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘class’                       
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:24: error: ‘GstElement’ has not been declared                                                        
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:24: error: ‘GstElement’ has not been declared                                                        
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:36: error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type                                                            
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:48: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type                                  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:48: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:49: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type                                  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:49: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:53: error: ‘ofGstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:57: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:58: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:73: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type                                  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:73: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:74: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘GstElement’ with no type                                  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:74: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:75: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘ofGstAppSink’ with no type                                
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:75: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:80: error: ‘gint64’ does not name a type                                                             
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:85: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:86: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:87: error: ‘GstAppSink’ has not been declared                                                        
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:127: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:128: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:148: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:151: error: ‘GstFlowReturn’ does not name a type                                                     
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstUtils.h:157: error: ‘GstMessage’ has not been declared                                                       
In file included from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofVideoPlayer.h:8,                                                                          
                 from ../../../libs/openFrameworks/ofMain.h:59,                                                                                      
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoPlayer.h:59: error: ‘GstMessage’ has not been declared                                                  
../../../libs/openFrameworks/video/ofGstVideoPlayer.h:63: error: ‘guint64’ does not name a type                                                      
make: *** [obj/Release/src/testApp.o] Errore 1        

Here glew is not found (tried also with buildAllExamples.sh)

thanks

are you sure the install_dependencies script finished without problems? it should install glew as well as gstreamer which your system seems to be missing too

thanks indeed libglew1.5-dev was missing.
I’ll update the cbp if needed…
thanks for the help