Build error LNK1104: cannot open file 'cairo-static.lib'

Hello,
I am fairly beginner here, and I am following the direction of this book (Practical Shader Development: Vertex and Fragment Shaders for Game Developers). I am using visual studio 2022, and I used the project generator to create my project. After retargeting my project, I get the error in the title in my first build. any solutions? same issue in that post which has no answers.

Hey welcome!! :wave:

Are you using the 0.11.2 visual studio release ?

If so do the examples build and run for you ( after retargeting )?

If you are having errors with the examples did you keep everything inside the unzipped 0.11.2 folder and do you have any spaces or special characters in the absolute path to the unzipped folder?

Any more info you can share on your setup will be helpful.

Thanks!!
Theo

Thank you for the quick response. I had the unzipped folder (it was 0.11.2) in another folder that had a space in the name. It ran fine after I removed the space.
And bonus, I didn’t know there are example files, those are gonna be fun to explore.

1 Like

Hey @adel, the examples are awesome and I have found them to be a great way to learn oF. They also often illustrate simple design patterns for how to use some of the more complex classes (like ofThread or ofMesh for example). Have fun!

1 Like