Build error in VS2015 on using ofxLeapMotion2

Please help me fix this issue. Is it due to some linker error? If so how to solve this? The addons are listed in the addons folder in the project. What would be missing?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol “__declspec(dllimport) protected: __thiscall Leap::Interface::Interface(class Leap::Interface const &)” (_imp??0Interface@Leap@@IAE@ABV01@@Z) referenced in function “public: __thiscall Leap::hand::Hand(class Leap::Hand &&)” (??0Hand@Leap@@QAE@$$QAV01@@Z) Leap2 C:\Users\User\Downloads\of_v0.9.3_vs_release\of_v0.9.3_vs_release\apps\Leap2\Leap2\main.obj 1

I would check in the project properties to make sure the dll is added into the project. Did you use the project generator to create this or did you do it manually?

Hi DomAmato,

Thank you for your reply.

For the time being I solved this. I changed the linker entries and the
include entries in project properties and had to restart VS2015 and then
recreate the project from the project generator.

So what you suggest is that we should put required external libraries into
the add on folder and use project generator to create the project, right?

Warm regards,

Kesava Prasad T D

Mob:+91 9895121918Off:+91-471-2361908

I figured I better upload an image to help illustrate things in case other users have a similar issue. If you do not use the project generator to create a project file and you include an addon that has external library files you have to add those libraries into the additional dependencies of the linker options. Similarly you have to do the same for things like the header files etc…

You are correct, use the project generator and put any libs that the addon depends on in the proper folder of the addon. Though I wouldn’t recommend duplicating libraries if you can avoid it, if it is already installed on your system you might just want to make sure the linker knows where it is. I would also recommend altering the specific project and not the openframeworks core since you probably wont need that library for every other project you make in OF.

Glad to hear you got it working though