Bug with ofParameter<ofColor>

Starting from a fresh setup:
ofPam.set(TILE_COLOR_PICKER_TXT, ofColor(255,255, 255, 255), ofColor(0, 0, 0, 0), ofColor(255, 255, 255, 255));

The “alpha selector” of the “picker” part does not seem to be linked properly with the alpha slider. When you move the selector, the alpha slider remains at 255. Similarly, when you move the alpha slider, the selector does not move.

Another weird behavior…

when just started, if you move one of the color slider, only the “dot” inside the colored circle move (as it should). But if you move the alha selector, and then use one of the color slider, the slider change both the “dot” in the color circle, and the alha selector (shouldnt do that).

It’s hard to explain, but here is a video of the problem: https://youtu.be/_CtAq6hDqbc

I never used ofParameter but it seems you are mixing Luma for alpha.
consider the vertical slider is only the luminosity of your RGB mixer, so you can make darker colors.

Hey @Thormind , I don’t think the vertical slider controls the alpha. I think it controls the saturation/brightness, and the color wheel controls the hue. In the past, I’ve used an ofParameter for the RGB values, and a separate float slider for the alpha. The alpha has an ofEventListener to update the color with the alpha value whenever it changes.

@Thormind
that behaviour is correct as @TimChi and @dimitre point out.
The color wheel is a hue/saturation/brightness picker, so inside the circle you pick the hue and saturation while on the vertical slider you pick the color brightness. The alpha value is independent from this.