Broken makefiles (Windows)

I have been trying to get the Android version of OpenFrameworks up and running on my WinXP box for the last couple of days. Actually, I have quite enjoyed digging through the code but now I feel I must ask a few questions.

The thing is, I have come across a strange error that (seemingly) has to do with how the makefiles are generated. Consider the following excerpt:

f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -o libs/armeabi/libOFAndroidApp.so obj/androidRelease/src/main.o obj/androidRelease/src/testApp.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofAppAndroidWindow.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidAccelerometer.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidGPS.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidLogChannel.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidSoundPlayer.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidSoundStream.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidUtils.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/src/ofxAndroidVideoGrabber.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAccelerometer/src/ofxAccelerometer.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/libs/miniunzip/ioapi.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/libs/miniunzip/miniunz.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/libs/miniunzip/minizip.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/libs/miniunzip/unzip.o obj/androidRelease/addons/ofxAndroid/libs/miniunzip/zip.o  --sysroot=f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/platforms/android-14/arch-arm/ -nostdlib -L"f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.6/libs/armeabi" -Wl,--fix-cortex-a8 -shared -Wl,--no-undefined  ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/armeabi/libopenFrameworks.a    ../../../libs/poco/lib/android/armeabi/libPocoNet.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/android/armeabi/libPocoXML.a ../../../libs/poco/lib/android/armeabi/libPocoFoundation.a ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/android/armeabi/libfreeimage.a ../../../libs/freetype/lib/android/armeabi/libfreetype.a ../../../libs/glu/lib/android/armeabi/libGLU.a ../../../libs/tess2/lib/android/armeabi/libtess2.a ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/android/armeabi ../../../libs/freetype/lib/android/armeabi ../../../libs/glu/lib/android/armeabi ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/armeabi ../../../libs/poco/lib/android/armeabi ../../../libs/tess2/lib/android/armeabi  -lsupc++ -lz -lGLESv1_CM -llog -ldl -lm -lc f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.6/libs/armeabi/libgnustl_static.a -lgcc  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/FreeImage/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/freetype/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/glu/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
make[1]: Leaving directory `/f/developer/openFrameworks-master/examples/android/androidImageExample'  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/poco/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
f:/developer/android-ndk-r8e-windows-x86/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/windows/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.exe: error: cannot open ../../../libs/tess2/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied  
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status  
make[1]: *** [libs/armeabi/libOFAndroidApp.so] Error 1  
make: *** [AndroidRelease] Error 2  

This is the code that breaks on my machine. Seems that the makefile is attempting to link to a folder instead of a file?
[tt]error: cannot open …/…/…/libs/FreeImage/lib/android/armeabi: Permission denied[/tt]

Can (1) someone confirm if this makefile snippet is indeed the cause of the problem, and (2) point out how it could be fixed? Makefiles really aren’t my strongest skill :slight_smile:

Oh, and btw: I also came across other issues with those makefiles, thought that it would be a good thing to mention them all.
Firstly, the makefile will recognize my machine as a linux box. A workaround was posted by activeknowledge:
http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/setting-up-android-openframeworks-in-windows7/8855/8

Secondly, when calling “cd” from the makefile, windows-style paths can break the makefile script :
A line like this will break the script:
[tt]cd F:\developer\openFrameworks-master\examples\android\androidEmptyExample; [/tt]
Simple workaround: use forward slashes in the Eclipse project -> C++ -> Environment settings.

Cheers,
Bjørn