Boost library not linking

Hi,

I have just downloaded OF for max OSX and IOS.
For OSX the project is building successfully as for the IOS it has 1 link error as follows:

ld: in …/…/…/libs/boost/lib/ios/boost_system.a(error_code.o), building for iOS Simulator, but linking in object file built for iOS, file ‘…/…/…/libs/boost/lib/ios/boost_system.a’ for architecture arm64

It looks for me as though the boost_system.a is built using intel arch but I am using M1 mac.

Please any way to resolve it.

Thanks

Mousbah

Just here to say ditto! This is no good for me. I’m on 11.2, M1 macbook pro running Monterey

Huh, I’m also having this error, having not tried oF for iOS for some time. Would love to know how to fix this! And whether oF for iOS is still in development.

I have been using iOS but I always just go to device and not simulator so I haven’t seen this issue on arm Macs. A quick fix is you can launch Xcode in rosetta –

this should def be an issue on GitHub…

1 Like

I’ve just downloaded the nightly builds and used the command “file” to check out the existing architectures and it seems arm64 is there

file *
boost_filesystem.a: Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures: [arm_v7:current ar archivecurrent ar archive] [x86_64:current ar archivecurrent ar archive] [arm64:current ar archivecurrent ar archive]
boost_filesystem.a (for architecture armv7):	current ar archive
boost_filesystem.a (for architecture x86_64):	current ar archive
boost_filesystem.a (for architecture arm64):	current ar archive
boost_system.a:     Mach-O universal binary with 3 architectures: [arm_v7:current ar archive random librarycurrent ar archive random library] [x86_64:current ar archive random librarycurrent ar archive random library] [arm64:current ar archive random librarycurrent ar archive random library]
boost_system.a (for architecture armv7):	current ar archive random library
boost_system.a (for architecture x86_64):	current ar archive random library
boost_system.a (for architecture arm64):	current ar archive random library

so I think you can use the nightly builds or copy the folder libs/boost to your OF location