Beginner: Visual Studio 2012: New class file location?

I’m trying to get into openFrameworks but I’m unfamiliar with Visual Studio. When I right-click on the project name, in the Solution Explorer, and then select “Class Wizard,” it creates class files, but not in the src subfolder where the default oF files are placed. Then, Intellisense does not see the files and I cannot include the headers app header file. I’m sure there’s a simple way to fix this – what am I doing wrong?

By default files are created at the root folder of your project (where the project .sln files are stored). When you name your class and the .cpp/.h files you can click on the … button to specify a different place (ie in the src folder). I don’t know if there’s a better way to do it (and not having to do that for every class you create). On the other hand you can also create the file manually and drop them in visual studio.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick feedback. I must have done something wrong the first time because the only way that I was able to get VS to see the files was to delete them from the solution explorer and to drag them in again.