AUBIO on Linux

Hi guys, i ve almost done in implementing the “aubio” libraries for openframeworks to my project but…
audioanalysis, pitch-detection, etc…
in the lib/ folder i have an aubioOSX.a file, approx 6megas… it should be the library with all the .o compiled files from aubio?

There is a way to recompile that library in Linux?
Technically to have a aubioLINUX.a file and be sure that it will works?
Who have done that library implementation for openframeworks, how to contact him?

Thanks,
A

[quote author=“4k4B”]Hi guys, i ve almost done in implementing the “aubio” libraries for openframeworks to my project but…
audioanalysis, pitch-detection, etc…
in the lib/ folder i have an aubioOSX.a file, approx 6megas… it should be the library with all the .o compiled files from aubio?

There is a way to recompile that library in Linux?
Technically to have a aubioLINUX.a file and be sure that it will works?
Who have done that library implementation for openframeworks, how to contact him?

Thanks,
A[/quote]

BTW here’s the stack:
http://pastebin.com/qZHWYakR

The Compilation for itself seems to work well, the problem is the compiler that seems to search for a aubioOSX.o instead of the static library aubioOSX.a

Linking console executable: bin/allAddonsExample  
g++: obj/Release/apps/addonsExamples/proJar/aubio/lib/aubioOSX.o: Nessun file o directory  
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 21 seconds)  
0 errors, 23 warnings  

aubioOSX.a is not viewable in its contents by using the command “ar -p” on linux.
I presume that if that lib has been packed under OSX the libraries contained in it, and compiled in OSX are not compatible with Linux.

Recompiling and recreating that library under Linux could be the perfect workaround i presume.
I have already got the tarball ready to compile, someone’s can help me solving this?

Thanks
A

Any library compiled for OSX will not work under Linux.
You will need to either install the aubio packages for your Linux distribution or compile it by hand yourself.

Hi Grimus, thanks for responding.

Im tryin to generate a valid linux static library directly from the aubio source but…
Im not very skilled on maniging libraries…

by using a “./configure && make” command i get all the compiled “.o” files from the source
and by using the command "ar rcs library.a /file1.o /file2.o /file3.o " I can pack all the compiled directly in a .a library…

My problem is, some .o files are not under the aubio root directory… How to regenerate relative links in the library?

There are a lot of python scripts, and tools not directly connected or needed for the compilation, how to bundle them in the library?

Doing this work im using the standard point of view on portability and library managing used for linux machines, where im wrong? :?

You need to do a “make install” to create the library.

Also try typing “./configure --help” to see what options the library has for compiling.
You may need to set some of the options to get what you want, especially if you want to install to the current directory to get the .a and .so files