Archlinux compiling problems and Projectgeneratpr problems

Hi,

I wanted to use openframeworks on my new archlinux distribution, but without any IDE.
So I have installed with yaourt the “of-dependencies-meta” and “of-codecs-meta” and downloaded the openframeworks folder from github. The problem is that in your tutorial “ofTutorials - Chapter 1 - Getting Started” the chapter “2.3. command-line” does not work for me, I just get telled:“make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.”. And compiling an example with g++ just tells me that I am missing the “ofMain.cpp” file.
Also I cannot install the project generator, i just get the following error when I try to run the script:

[arch@me]$ ./compilePG.sh
make: *** No rule to make target 'Release'.  Stop.
there has been a problem compiling the projectGenerator
please report this problem in the forums

I am looking forward to hear from you.

King ragards,
Conny. :slight_smile:

the openframeworks version from github doesn’t have project files so trying to compile the examples won’t work. the script for compiling the project generator also points to a folder that doesn’t exist in the github version. the easiest is to download the version from the webpage

@arturo, maybe he is just missing the projectgenerator submodule in his local repo?

yes but even with that the compileOF.sh script won’t work since it’s not pointing to the same folder as the submodule but to the one generated by the script that generates the downloadable packages

Ok, thank you. :slight_smile:
I will try it out as soon as I have some free time.

Thanks for your help. :smile:
Just tried it, seems to work. :sunny: