I say in advance that this is a weird issue, I hope then to be clear and exhaustive. I’m working on Win + CodeWarrior. I developed an quite simple application to work as demo for a mobile application. The problem I’m having is to make it run properly on other computers. To be honest, also on my computer, it doesn’t always work.
The application basically loads and map many external images in .bmp format 4 greys and trace with cout the progress. When it crashes, it does it during the loading of the images.
- when run from CodeWarrior it always works
- when launched by double clicking the .exe in the project folder, it crashes.
- when launched by command line in the project folder, it works
- when launched by double clicking in different local folder, it works on my computers, not on a friend one
- when launched by double clicking in a usb key, it works on one of my computers, not the other one
Unfortunately I don’t feel to show the application in public, but I could eventually send it privately.
A part that, I was wondering if you have an idea on which could be the issue or at least how to debug it.
I’m definitely interested on knowing the portability issues of OF applications.
Please let me know if I haven’t been clear on something.