Apple Mach-O linker (ID) Error in Sierra compile of old project

Hi! I’m getting a bunch of errors trying to compile an old project on a new mac mini. Unfortunately I have no option but to run Sierra and am ambitiously trying to compile with OF 9.8. Got rid of a bunch of errors so far but trying to find some guidance for these:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
“.objc_class_name_AVCaptureSession”, referenced from:
pointer-to-literal-objc-class-name in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“.objc_class_name_AVCaptureVideoDataOutput”, referenced from:
pointer-to-literal-objc-class-name in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“.objc_class_name_AVCaptureDeviceInput”, referenced from:
“_CMTimeMake”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber initCapture:capWidth:capHeight:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“.objc_class_name_AVFrameRateRange”, referenced from:
“_CMSampleBufferGetImageBuffer”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber captureOutput:didOutputSampleBuffer:fromConnection:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“.objc_class_name_AVCaptureDevice”, referenced from:
“_AVMediaTypeVideo”, referenced from:
-[OSXVideoGrabber initCapture:capWidth:capHeight:] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
-[OSXVideoGrabber listDevices] in openFrameworksDebug.a(ofAVFoundationGrabber.o)
“_CMVideoFormatDescriptionGetDimensions”, referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

any help would be amazing!