App crashes on mouse hover

Hi there,

I’m currently trying to update my openFrameworks application which used to run on the Old 0.8.4 version to work with openFrameworks 0.9.3. Everything seems to work fine until I move the mouse cursor above the window. Then the frame rate drops to about 1 or 2 frames per second. Sometimes it recovers after I move the mouse away from the window, but sometimes it crashes and freezes the entire X-Server until it is killed from the console.

I’m using Debian Linux 8.2 and gstreamer 1.4.4-2 (the bug occurs also at times where no video is being displayed)

I have no idea what the cause of this might be. Has anyone seen something
similar before or can give me a hint what the error might be?

EDIT: I only use the keyPressed callback, all the others (like mouseMoved()) are empty and untouched.

ok, so I found out that this only occurs when using fullscreen mode. Window mode is fine. Also the example program (graphic/polygonExample) shows the same behavior once changed to 1920x1080 fullscreen.

Could this be related?: keyPressed() event not triggered in my application

Anyway, I will continue investigating…

so it seems to be related to this issue: https://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues/5009
using OF_GAME_MODE fixes it for now, so I don’t have to mess around with a nightly build.