Anyone working on Assimp for iOS?

Is anyone working on building Assimp for iOS? There is a compiled library for Android on the dev branch but I can’t find any documentation on how it was compiled. Wouldn’t mind working on this but my googling is failing.

Thanks.
-Miguel

Its easy to get Assimp to work on iphone - I am using it in one project. I think all I did was changed the assimp workspace for xcode 3 to use the latest iOS SDK (this from assimp–2.0.863-sdk); copied the files across and then merged the assimp example with one of the iphone examples. You do need your example code to set up the screen with depth buffering.

AJS

hmmm. With the example objects, the importer works like a charm. (of 007) Strange thing is that i don’t get the textures right for my own objects. I have exported .dae .3ds .blend .x .obj … files from blender with all the same result: the textures have a left and bottom offset.
first thought was that i missed the UVW mapping ore something (http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/blender-2.5-export-ase-models.php) but the same file looks OK in cinema4d.
any ideas?
thanks.

ok. works now. saved the .dae file with cinema4d. perhaps i had some wrong settings in blender…

aha! now i got it:
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ASSIMP IMPORT OF TEXTURED OBJECTS:
TEXTURE FILE WIDTH AND HEIGHT HAVE TO BE A POWER OF TWO (E.G. 512, 1024 …)