Anyone got an Asus Tinker Board working?

Hi All,

I got one of the new Asus Tinker Board SBCs this week and I’m struggling getting oF up and running on it…
I use oF a lot on Raspberry Pi so I started off working from those instructions to get it up and running.

Immediately I had an issue with getting the dependencies installed:

Unpacking libgles1-mesa-dev:armhf (12.0.4-2~bpo8+1) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_12.0.4-2~bpo8+1_armhf.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/include/GLES/glplatform.h’, which is also in package libmali-rk-dev:armhf 1.5-1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_12.0.4-2~bpo8+1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I suspect there is a better route for getting oF up and running, is there a preferred package to use to try and get this working?

Any pointers very welcome!

It looks like I just ran into the exact same problem with the Tinker board while following the generic Armv7 installation guide. Is there a solution to this?

Unpacking libgles1-mesa-dev:armhf (13.0.6-1+b2) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_13.0.6-1+b2_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/include/GLES/egl.h', which is also in package libmali-rk-dev:armhf 1.5-4
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgles1-mesa-dev_13.0.6-1+b2_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
error installing dependencies, there could be an error with your internet connection 
if the error persists, please report an issue in github: 
http://github.com/openframeworks/openFrameworks/issues

While I’m at it, I’ll bump this one too as a refreshment,
sorry… just passing by…

Bumpy McBumpface

Trying to get OF working on Tinker Board as we speak… The problem mentioned here was solved by forcing dpkg to overwrite the files mentioned. This solution was found here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/56761/force-apt-get-to-overwrite-file-installed-by-another-package

Basically I edited install_dependencies.sh and replaced all instances of apt-get install with apt-get -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-overwrite" install

Now onto the next problem: ofTexture.cpp doesn’t compile, throws me an error on glGenerateMipmap