Android-studio file not found <boost/filesystem.hpp>

Hi there,

have a problem compiling any android app from the master branch on Ubuntu 16.04.

When gradle builds the project on Android Studio, I get the following error:

Error:Note: /home/osboxes/openFrameworks/addons/ofxAndroid/ofAndroidLib/src/cc/openframeworks/OFAndroidVideoGrabber.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
In file included from /home/osboxes/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/gl/ofBufferObject.cpp:4:
In file included from /home/osboxes/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/graphics/ofPixels.h:6:
In file included from /home/osboxes/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofLog.h:4:
/home/osboxes/openFrameworks/libs/openFrameworks/utils/ofFileUtils.h:20:11: fatal error: 'boost/filesystem.hpp' file not found # include <boost/filesystem.hpp>

I thought it was a problem of configuration on my machine, so I took a clean VM image and tried again: same result. install_dependencies.sh was executed beforehand and I can see my /usr/include/boost/filesystem.hpp.

Posted this on GitHub and Arturo referred to me to INSTALL_FROM_GITHUB.md, which I already followed to a T to no avail.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

have you run download_libs as explained in that document?

Yes, I did.

If I run it I get the following:

~/openFrameworks/scripts/linux$ ./download_libs.sh
Downloading openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2
–2018-01-26 12:36:05-- http://ci.openframeworks.cc/libs/openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2
Resolving ci.openframeworks.cc (ci.openframeworks.cc)… 198.61.170.130
Connecting to ci.openframeworks.cc (ci.openframeworks.cc)|198.61.170.130|:80… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 200 OK
Length: 6074786 (5.8M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2’

openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2 100%[===============================================================================================================>] 5.79M 2.03MB/s in 2.9s

2018-01-26 12:36:08 (2.03 MB/s) - ‘openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2’ saved [6074786/6074786]

Removing old libraries
Uncompressing libraries linux64gcc5 from openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2
Copying libxml2 to ofxSvg
Removing old opencv libraries
Copying svgtiny to ofxSvg
Copying poco to ofxPoco

And that’s it. In order for this to be relevant, I’d expect openFrameworksLibs_master_linux64gcc5.tar.bz2 to contain libboost’s headers, but instead it only comes with fmodex, glm, json, kiss, libxml2, poco, svgtiny, tess2 and utf8.

you need to download the libraries for android too:

scripts/android/download_libs.sh -n

-n tells the script to not overwrite previous libraries so you can work with more than one platform

Thanks that worked.