advanced3dExample Build FAILED

I’m not sure if I should be asking this here or the Beginner’s forum.
I’ve been able to run all of the examples except for advanced3dExample. Here’s what the Output is:

1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1> Touching “obj\Debug\advanced3dExample.unsuccessfulbuild”.
1>ClCompile:
1> All outputs are up-to-date.
1>ManifestResourceCompile:
1> All outputs are up-to-date.
1>Link:
1> Creating library bin\advanced3dExample_debug.lib and object bin\advanced3dExample_debug.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib ‘MSVCRT’ conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall Swarm::Swarm(void)” (??0Swarm@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function “public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)” (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: __thiscall OrthoCamera::OrthoCamera(void)” (??0OrthoCamera@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function “public: __thiscall testApp::testApp(void)” (??0testApp@@QAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol “public: virtual void __thiscall Grid::customDraw(void)” (?customDraw@Grid@@UAEXXZ)
1>testApp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __thiscall Swarm::init(int,float,float)” (?init@Swarm@@QAEXHMM@Z) referenced in function “public: virtual void __thiscall testApp::setup(void)” (?setup@testApp@@UAEXXZ)
1>bin\advanced3dExample_debug.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.

I’m not really sure what these errors are supposed to mean. It would be great if I could get some help with this.

I had the same issue as you, and found this forum post:
http://forum.openframeworks.cc/t/openframeworks-amp;-opencv-2.3-/7003/0

and now I have this error after downloading the version in that post:

1>------ Build started: Project: advanced3dExample_vs2010, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1> Creating library bin\advanced3dExample_vs2010.lib and object bin\advanced3dExample_vs2010.exp
1>openframeworksLib.lib(of3dUtils.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl ofDrawGridPlane(float,float,bool)” (?ofDrawGridPlane@@YAXMM_N@Z) referenced in function “void __cdecl ofDrawGrid(float,float,bool,bool,bool,bool)” (?ofDrawGrid@@YAXMM_N000@Z)
1>bin\advanced3dExample_vs2010.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I fixed that problem by changing “drawGridPlane” to “ofDrawGridPlane” in of3dutils.cpp. Now it works and I see a 3d swarm when I compile in release mode, but I get an error saying that the binary was compiled without debug information. When I compile in debug mode, the program that runs doesn’t display the moving swarm 3d objects, just an empty grid.