Adobe Flash and OpenFrameworks integration

I’m using openFrameworks to comunicate with Flash. I’ve already achieved success with local connection (I’ve made a LocalConnection module as a OF addon) but Adobe technologies require the flash animation been runned first. When I run the OF first, the adobe part (a flash animation) doesn’t open the local connection appropriately!
Has anybody face this problem?

I’m using TUIO/OSC standard to communicate flash(XMLSocket) and OF and it works great, but it depends on what kind of data you want to send.

Hello dawid,
Does TUIO/OSC standard mean UDP? Or do you using UDP-LocalConnection bridge?
I don’t need UDP because I always run both applications in the same machine. The bridge is unsatisfactory to me because it uses UDP too.
I’ve achieved very good results using only LocalConnection but I can’t start OF before Flash. It’s my problem.
Thanks.

TUIO pockets are usually transmit by UDP protocol, but in flash you can’t create UDP socket, only TCP, so i’m currently using udp-tcp bridge, but in new Flash Player 10.1 which is beta now it is possible to create UDP socket (i will check it in the nearest time. I’ve only read about it). I’m not saying the LocalConnection is not good, it’s more elegant way to invoke some particular methods or sth. What is the status/message from flash when you start it after OF?

It simply doesn’t create the localconnection when I start first my OF app and create the localconnection. No error.
When I start first Flash animation, it creates the localconnection perfectly and then I can open it without problems.

Other interesting fact is: when some other Adobe app starts the LocalConnection (e.g. AdobeAir apps, Flash web plugins like in gmail, etc) I can run first my OF app and after my flash animation.

It seems Adobe technologies don’t permit other technologies to create tis localconnection.

I have succesfully setup an OpenFramworks to Flash as3 localconnection using a flash bridge( http://gkaindl.com/software/udp-flashlc-bridge).

Does anyone know of a way to do it the other way around?

Saying hi from flash to OF through UDP? I thought of the option to rebuild that udp-bridge, but since I am not really a C-pro, maybe someone else has another solution already?

Thanks!

[quote author=“Jarno”]I have succesfully setup an OpenFramworks to Flash as3 localconnection using a flash bridge( http://gkaindl.com/software/udp-flashlc-bridge).

Does anyone know of a way to do it the other way around?

Saying hi from flash to OF through UDP? I thought of the option to rebuild that udp-bridge, but since I am not really a C-pro, maybe someone else has another solution already?

Thanks![/quote]

/*
you can also make a tcp socket connection, however air 2.0 now supports udp so you no longer have to use the localconnection trick. if you’re running flash cs4, flex or flash builder, here’s the trick on overlaying the air 2.0 sdk into your dev environment:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat-…-ers.html#i
*/