Addon doesn't work on ubuntu

Hi everyone

I’m trying to make a simple project using the ofxFontStash addon on Ubuntu.
I’m using simpleProjectGenerator since I coudn’t find a simple example of adding the addons manually on codeblocks.
I’ve already done this successfully on windows, but on ubuntu, I always run into the following error which is from the ofxUnicode addon (this addon is needed since ofxFontStash uses it.)

||=== Build: Debug in libopenFrameworks (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
||=== Build: Debug in test (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/src/ofUTF8.cpp|52|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/libs/utf8cpp/src/utf8_v2_3_1/source/utf8/checked.h||In instantiation of ‘output_iterator utf8::replace_invalid(octet_iterator, octet_iterator, output_iterator, utf8::uint32_t) [with octet_iterator = __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char> >; output_iterator = std::back_insert_iterator<std::basic_string<char> >; utf8::uint32_t = unsigned int]’:|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/src/ofUTF8.cpp|55|required from here|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/libs/utf8cpp/src/utf8_v2_3_1/source/utf8/checked.h|86|error: ‘append’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/libs/utf8cpp/src/utf8_v2_3_1/source/utf8/checked.h|111|note: ‘template<class octet_iterator> octet_iterator utf8::append(utf8::uint32_t, octet_iterator)’ declared here, later in the translation unit|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/libs/utf8cpp/src/utf8_v2_3_1/source/utf8/checked.h|92|error: ‘append’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/libs/utf8cpp/src/utf8_v2_3_1/source/utf8/checked.h|111|note: ‘template<class octet_iterator> octet_iterator utf8::append(utf8::uint32_t, octet_iterator)’ declared here, later in the translation unit|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/src/ofUTF8.cpp|75|warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]|
../../../addons/ofxUnicode/src/ofUTF8.cpp|84|warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]|
||=== Build failed: 2 error(s), 5 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s)) ===|

The error part in the above text is this section:

error: ‘append’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation

Since the error is returned from the ofXUnicode addon, I have create a new project that only includes the ofxUnicode addon and the same error appears.

Other addons like ‘OSC’ work without problem but with this one I get the above error.
Could someone guide me in the right path? Thanks a lot.

I’m not sure what the error is, but there is another unicode font addon: https://github.com/hironishihara/ofxTrueTypeFontUC

Have you tried using this? It does not require any other addons.

1 Like