Additional Info suggestion for readme.txt, for Lion + for Xcode beginners

Hello,
Following is a suggestion which I also posted on github. It concerns pointing out the changes needed to make deployExamples work at once on Lion (10.7) and also the need to choose the right project to build and run on XCode.
Cheers,
Iannis Zannos

Hello,
It took me more than 4 hours to get openFrameworks to compile deployExamples on MacOS X 10.7.2 with XCode 4.1, because of having to figure out two things;

Need to change SDK for the deployExamples project definitions to 10.6
Need to choose deployExamples in the build menu on the toolbar of the project window.
Perhaps this info should be added to the readme.txt file of the present master branch in order to spare other people the hassle?

I suggest the following addition:
[hr]
To deploy openFrameworks examples from the files cloned via the present github repository, you should build and run the project:
apps/devApps/_DeployExamples/deployExamples.xcodeproj

To successfully compile in Lion (MacOS X 10.7) in XCode you should select in the project file list of XCode both the target deployExamples from the top level of the file hierarchy and the project openFrameworksLib.xcodeproj from inside the openFrameworks folder, then find the project definition, and change the SDK to MacOS X 10.6. You should do the same for the targets of those two items.

Important: Before clicking the Build and Go, or the Run button, make sure that you choose the deployExamples project in the menu on the toolbar of the project window. (Otherwise if you leave openFrameworks as selected project and push Run or Build and Run, no application will be created or run).
[hr]
Hopefully this helps.
Cheers,
Iannis Zannos

Iani, I’ve upgraded one of my machines from 10.6.8 with XCode 3 installed to 10.7.2. I could use it without having to install XCode 4 over 3. If you have another machine with 10.6.8 and are thinking about an upgrade, maybe this can work for you too. Good luck

AinSoph, Thanks for the response.
It’s all working well with XCode 4.1 and 10.7.2 now. I do not have to change each project individually to SDK 10.6, but they compile fine in the current SDK/OS 10.7. The obstacle was having to change to SDK 10.6 in order to compile deployExamples. Therefore, I still suggest adding some info in the readme of the github release to help people in getting started more smoothly.
Iannis