Adding a GUI to my project

So I’m in a path to find the most noobish question I can possibly ask.

I’m developing under Ubuntu with QT-Creator and I’m trying (and failing) to add a GUI to my application. I’m unsure as to whether I should use QT-GUI or something like ofxSimpleGuiToo. I don’t have a preference as long as I can build in Linux and Windows. I guess the one with the biggest documentation would make me happier.

That being said, I have no idea how to install any of these… QT-Creator has a project template for creating QT-Gui applications… but how do I map OF into that template? I found this but is it still relevant or is it too outdated? and how do I use it? Should I go the other way around and start with a OF template and add the relevant files for QT-GUI? How?
Or maybe I should forget about QT-GUI and use ofxSimpleGuiToo? The installation section just says “Copy to your openFrameworks/addons folder.” :confused: I tried adding it to my ./of_v0.9.0_linux64_release/addons folder but it doesn’t appear among the list of addons on the last screen for creating a new project with the OF template for QT

Am… slightly lost here :< any help is appreciated
TYVM
Axel

There is a cross-platform one included and some examples in examples/gui/

I’ve been trying out the projects in the examples folders but they wont do :confused:

Ideally, I would like to find a way to integrate the QT GUI utils into my project since they are cross platform and they have easy ways to call Filepickers and that kind of windows. Like at the moment I’m testing out the GUI example projects and I’m trying to call the gtk dialogues based on this post and for some reason I’m getting plenty of sigsegv errors as soon as I get to the gtk_dialog_run part >.>

You can use openFrameworks’ system dialogs:
http://openframeworks.cc/documentation/utils/ofSystemUtils/