.3ds texture

Hi folk,

first post here, thanks for reading.

I’m making the transition from processing to OF and i’ve been using the 3DModelLoaderExample from the install. my question is simply; is it possible to dynamically change the texture of the .3ds model for example with a keyPressed event?

I’m not sure where to look for the addons documentation - is there a centralised reference for this?

thanks very much for your help

tom

Hi There, I am having the same problem.

I have successfully loaded a new 3DS file and that works great. However, my 3DS file doesn’t have an associated texture and I wanted to be able to dynamically create one in openframeworks. Short of that, I would at least like to be able to use an existing image file on my computer as the texture, but so far I have been unable to do any of these things. Anyone know of a good tutorial or have any examples of code where this was done successfully?

Thanks in advance!

all of the texture stuff inside the 3DS Model loader is handled by texture3DS.h, which is an external library and doesn’t have any OF types inside of it. you would have to seriously hack the library to get it using a custom texture, i think.

it might be easier to hack ofxAssimpModelLoader by making modelMeshes public, and then setting the ofTexture inside the ofxAssimpMeshHelper.