0061 linux

in 0061 we’ve moved to a different directory structure + OF as a compiled library. check the announcements post by zach, everything there applies to linux too.

apart from that, in linux the install_dependencies script compiles the OF library so once you run the script, you can just open the projects as before and it will work without problem.

karmic problems

there were some problems since karmic with the install dependencies script that are solved now, but if you have previously ran the old script perhaps you need to delete the packages cache:

sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libwxbase*  
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libwxgtk*  
sudo apt-get remove libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0  

and re-run the new install_dependencies script. this will remove any application dependent on wx-widgets like for example audacity. once you rerun install_dependencies.sh you can reinstall them and they should work without problem.

libraries problems

codeblocks parses the output of:

pkg-config --list-all  

to know what libraries are available in the system. some times there are some missing library that makes that output to be incomplete. the install_codeblocks script should detect that so if you receive a message like: gstreamer… library not found when you open a project file, just re run the script and it should solve it.

in case the problem persists, you can try to install them manually by typing in a terminal:

pkg-config --list-all  

and then it reports some missing dependency just install it with

sudo apt-get install lib...-dev  

makefiles
there’s a new version of the makefiles. before they were generated from the codeblocks projects and were specific for every example. now they autodetect the directory name so to create a new project you just need to copy any of the examples, rename the directory and you’re done. any source file added in src will be autodetected also.

you can get more specific help by typing:

make help

inside any example folder.

have fun!!

when i run “install_dependencies.sh”, the last 5 lines of output:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.  
cd: 11: can't cd to ../../../libs/openFrameworksCompiled/project/linux  
make: *** No rule to make target `Debug'.  Stop.  
there has been a problem compiling Debug OF library  
please report this problem in the forums  

I’m using ubuntu 9.10.
I’ve tried running the following and install dependencies again:

sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libwxbase*  
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/libwxgtk*  
sudo apt-get remove libwxbase2.8-0 libwxgtk2.8-0  

but no help…

Now when i complie the empty example, it gives the following error:

||=== emptyExample, Debug ===|  
ld||cannot find -lopenFrameworksDebug|  
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|  

any idea what’s wrong? :cry:

where are you running the script from? it should be run from scripts/linux/ubuntu in order to work properly.

Hi arturo,

Oh you’re right. I’m running the script form desktop. Now I run the scripts from their own directory and it’s all fine :slight_smile:
Thanks!

Andy

Hi, arturo.

I am using Fedora 12 (2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE).

When I try to install the dependencies, I get the following error: ( I include the full stack trace)

Thanx!

[root@localhost fedora]# ./install_dependencies.sh
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Package freeglut-devel-2.6.0-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package alsa-lib-devel-1.0.22-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libXmu-devel-1.0.5-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libXxf86vm-devel-1.1.0-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package gcc-c+±4.4.2-20.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libraw1394-devel-2.0.4-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package ffmpeg-devel-0.5-5.20091026svn.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
Package gstreamer-devel-0.10.25.1-2.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package gstreamer-plugins-base-devel-0.10.25.1-2.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libudev-devel-145-14.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fed-…-noarch.rpm
Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/-…-noarch.rpm
warning: /tmp/root/rpm/rpm-tmp.MUJRmX: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 49c8885a
warning: /tmp/root/rpm/rpm-tmp.Do1USE: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID b1981b68
Preparing… ########################################### [100%]
package rpmfusion-free-release-12-1.noarch (which is newer than rpmfusion-free-release-10-5.noarch) is already installed
package rpmfusion-nonfree-release-12-1.noarch (which is newer than rpmfusion-nonfree-release-10-5.noarch) is already installed
Package ffmpeg-devel-0.5-5.20091026svn.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package 1:libtheora-devel-1.1.0-1.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Package 1:libvorbis-devel-1.2.3-3.fc12.i686 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
echo “compiling objects”
compiling objects
echo obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed “s/obj\/Debug\///” | sed “s/.o/.cpp/”
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp
mkdir -p obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video
g++ -g -Wall -fexceptions -I…/…/…/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/FreeImage/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2 -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I…/…/…/glee/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app -I…/…/…/poco/include -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/XML -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Net -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Util -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/DOM -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/SAX -I…/…/…/poco/include/CppUnit -I…/…/…/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/unicap/include -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/ -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/communication -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/video -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/events -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/app pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev --cflags -MMD -MP -MF echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.d/" -o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o -c echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.cpp/"
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:19:22: warning: avformat.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:20:21: warning: swscale.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:21:34: warning: libavformat/avformat.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:22:32: warning: libswscale/swscale.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:29: error: ‘PixelFormat’ does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:35: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV420P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:36: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV420P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:37: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV420P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:38: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV410P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:39: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV411P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:40: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV422P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:41: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY8’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:42: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY8’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:45: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY8’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:47: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB565’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:48: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB555’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:49: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB32’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:50: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUYV422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:51: error: ‘PIX_FMT_UYYVYY411’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:53: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV422P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:54: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV411P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:55: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV420P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:58: error: ‘PIX_FMT_UYVY422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:59: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV411P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:61: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV410P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:62: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV422P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:63: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV411P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:64: error: ‘PIX_FMT_NV12’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:65: error: ‘PIX_FMT_NV21’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:67: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB32_1’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:68: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB555’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:69: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB565’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:72: error: ‘PIX_FMT_BGR32’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:75: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUYV422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:76: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY8’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:79: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUV444P’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:80: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY16’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:81: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:84: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUYV422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:85: error: ‘PIX_FMT_YUYV422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:86: error: ‘PIX_FMT_UYVY422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:87: error: ‘PIX_FMT_GRAY8’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:88: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB555’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:89: error: ‘PIX_FMT_BGR555’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:90: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB565’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:91: error: ‘PIX_FMT_BGR565’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:92: error: ‘PIX_FMT_BGR24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:93: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:96: error: ‘PIX_FMT_UYVY422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:97: error: ‘PIX_FMT_UYVY422’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:99: error: ‘PIX_FMT_NONE’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:104: error: ‘PixelFormat’ does not name a type
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘void ofUCUtils::set_format(int, int)’:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:226: error: ‘fourcc_to_pix_fmt’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:232: error: ‘fourcc_to_pix_fmt’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:293: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:295: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.h:16: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:296: error: ‘PixelFormat’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:296: error: ‘avpicture_alloc’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:297: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.h:16: error: forward declaration of ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:301: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘src_pix_fmt’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:303: error: ‘SWS_X’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:303: error: ‘sws_getContext’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘void ofUCUtils::new_frame(unicap_data_buffer_t*)’:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:389: error: ‘avpicture_fill’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:392: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:392: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:393: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:393: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:393: error: ‘sws_scale’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:397: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:397: error: ‘avpicture_layout’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘void ofUCUtils::close_unicap()’:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:448: error: ‘PIX_FMT_RGB24’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:451: error: ‘avpicture_free’ was not declared in this scope
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:452: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:452: warning: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.h:16: warning: forward declaration of ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:452: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:461: warning: possible problem detected in invocation of delete operator:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:461: warning: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.h:16: warning: forward declaration of ‘struct AVPicture’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:461: note: neither the destructor nor the class-specific operator delete will be called, even if they are declared when the class is defined.
make: *** [obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o] Error 1
[root@localhost fedora]#

Here’s my (successful) experience on installing OF 0.0061 on Ubuntu 64 bits:

> clean install Ubuntu Linux 9.10 64 bits

> run Ubuntu script: sudo ./install_codeblocks.sh

> run Ubuntu script: sudo ./install_dependencies.sh

> code:blocks open moviePlayer example workspace
LibFinder error: Didn’t find configuration for libraries:
* gstreamer-0.10 * gstreamer-base-0.10 * gstreamer-video-0.10 * libudev

> re run ./install_dependencies.sh
same LibFinder error on Code:Blocks open moviePlayer example

> pkg-config --list-all
Package libdrm was not found in the pkg-config search path.

> sudo apt-get install libdrm-dev

> moviePlayer opens OK now

> moviePlayer compile error: cannot handle h.264 video

> try opening fingerMovie with Totem, without success

> Totem suggests and installs gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg plugin.
FingerMovie now opens OK with Totem.
moviePlayer example now compiles and plays fine.

> allAddons example opens, compiles and runs fine (other examples OK too).

Thanks OF team and Arturo for the Linux port and support!

@nick_k

the paths for ffmpeg in ubuntu and fedora are different that’s why you were having that problems. i’ve just fixed the makefiles for the OF library, it should be solved.

[quote author=“arturo”]@nick_k

the paths for ffmpeg in ubuntu and fedora are different that’s why you were having that problems. i’ve just fixed the makefiles for the OF library, it should be solved.[/quote]

Arturo, thank you for looking into this.
But, after I downloaded the latest linux file (http://www.openframeworks.cc/versions/p-…-FAT.tar.gz), installing dependencies failed again.
Please see below.
Thanks a million in advance.

echo “compiling objects”
compiling objects
echo obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed “s/obj\/Debug\///” | sed “s/.o/.cpp/”
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp
mkdir -p obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video
g++ -g -Wall -fexceptions -I…/…/…/fmodex/include -I…/…/…/FreeImage/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2 -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype -I…/…/…/freetype/include/freetype2/freetype/config -I…/…/…/glee/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst -I…/…/…/gstappsink/include/gst/app -I…/…/…/poco/include -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/XML -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Net -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Dynamic -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/Util -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/DOM -I…/…/…/poco/include/Poco/SAX -I…/…/…/poco/include/CppUnit -I…/…/…/rtAudio/include -I…/…/…/unicap/include -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/ -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/communication -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/video -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/graphics -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/events -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/utils -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/sound -I…/…/…/openFrameworks/app pkg-config gstreamer-0.10 gstreamer-video-0.10 gstreamer-base-0.10 libudev libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags -MMD -MP -MF echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.d/" -o obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o -c echo obj/Debug/../../../openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o | sed "s/obj\\/Debug\\///" | sed "s/\.o/\.cpp/"
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:19:22: warning: avformat.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:20:21: warning: swscale.h: No such file or directory
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp: In member function ‘void ofUCUtils::new_frame(unicap_data_buffer_t*)’:
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:389: error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘PixelFormat’
…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.cpp:389: error: initializing argument 3 of ‘int avpicture_fill(AVPicture*, uint8_t*, PixelFormat, int, int)’
make: *** [obj/Debug/…/…/…/openFrameworks/video/ofUCUtils.o] Error 1

can you type in a terminal:

pkg-config libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags

and post the output?

[quote author=“arturo”]can you type in a terminal:

pkg-config libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags

and post the output?[/quote]

Hi arturo, here’s the output

[root@localhost /]# ls
bin dev home lost+found mnt proc sbin srv tmp var
boot etc lib media opt root selinux sys usr
[root@localhost /]# pkg-config libavcodec libavformat libavutil --cflags
-I/usr/include/ffmpeg
[root@localhost /]# cd /usr/include/ffmpeg/
[root@localhost ffmpeg]# ls
libavcodec libavdevice libavfilter libavformat libavutil libpostproc libswscale
[root@localhost ffmpeg]# ll
total 28
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libavcodec
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libavdevice
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libavfilter
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libavformat
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libavutil
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libpostproc
drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 2009-12-17 00:55 libswscale
[root@localhost ffmpeg]#

it seems there’s a new version of ffmpeg in fedora 12, and they’ve changed the api again.

in line 389 of ofUCUtils.cpp change:

avpicture_fill(src,buffer->data,src_pix_fmt...  

with

avpicture_fill(src,buffer->data,(PixelFormat)src_pix_fmt...  

and it should work.

[quote author=“arturo”]it seems there’s a new version of ffmpeg in fedora 12, and they’ve changed the api again.

in line 389 of ofUCUtils.cpp change:

avpicture_fill(src,buffer->data,src_pix_fmt...  

with

avpicture_fill(src,buffer->data,(PixelFormat)src_pix_fmt...  

and it should work.[/quote]

Yes, it worked!.

Thank you Arturo+OF Team for this great support. Have a great day!

just updated from the prerelease to the 0061/master from github, works quite well on my karmic 64bit!

thanks arturo for that!