I've linked the other post with this one, so people could find out possible solutions for their problems.
I've choosen to concentrate on this thread as this is more about adding ofxSyphon on an existing project rather then making ofxSyhpon examples to work.
So i'll try to explain again more precisely all the things i made in order to let people know my steps ...
- after getting the sources from SVN with the command line :
svn checkout http://syphon-implementations.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ syphon-implementations-read-only
- compile the Xcode project that comes in ofxSyphon found in SyphonImplementations/Openframeworks/
- from this step i got the addon ofxSyphon folder build up and the SyphonExample build up (in /build folder)
- i used this folders just created as sources from now on ...
- copy ofxShypon to /addons folder and SyphonExample to /apps/addonsExamples folder
- to get the SyphonExample to work i had to change on "Project Settings" the [General][Base SDK] from Mac OSx 1.0 to Mac OSx 10.6 and everything worked.
- at this point, the SyphonExample compiles and runs perfectly, you can check that everything is ok with this simple client and server apps : http://syphon.v002.info/downloads/Syphon%20Demo%20Apps.dmg
So now what i tried was to add ofxSyphon to one of my existing projects and here became another sort of compilation problems ... more precisely a link error as i stated on my first post on this thread.
What i did is to drag&drop the ofxSyphon addon, and just paste the code from a client in my code ... and link errors arise ...
I've posted on the v002 forum, the creators of Syphon and there's a thread here ... not solved : http://forums.v002.info/topic.php?id=99
As everyone states, it's a linking problem, so seems like the project can't find the Syphon stuff ... i've revised the linking stuff in Xcode but i can't find the hole ... I've uploaded both XCode projects the one from SyphonExample and the one from my app ... I'm quite new at Xcode so there are things (many) about how to setup paths and libs that goes beyond my drag&drop knowledge ... If any expert on Xcode settings could take a look ... i'll learn from it !
Syphon adds amazing possibilities to OF and exchange of stuff between apps so ... go for it !
Thankx for it all ...